- After an initial briefing, we reviewed the business’ sustainability. Our findings were presented to the board and stakeholders.
- We were commissioned to create a ‘vision’ for further sustainability. This included the need for a sustainability policy, environmental policy, a waste strategy, and behavioural change training for employees.
- We completed greenhouse gas reporting and advised the client on their carbon reduction commitment liabilities.
- We completed energy opportunity assessments on 50% of the site, looking for ‘quick wins’, short-term and long-term developments, and capital intensive projects. We identified £500,000 in quick wins, and highlighted a further £1.5 million in energy savings with investment.
- We contributed to their company website, marketing brochures, and newsletters to stakeholders, to explain the client’s positive energy reduction and carbon savings.
- There’s a buzz amongst staff, who are now actively involved in energy saving initiatives.
- Total energy spend – £17 million per annum.
Energy saving opportunities – £2 million ongoing per annum.
The Sales Director said:
“Prior to our sustainability vision being created, I had always dodged questions from our customers. Now my understanding has increased massively and I am comfortable discussing how our company is working towards reducing its impact on the environment.”
“Our clients are very interested in the eco element of some of our products, which has secured greater business.”
- CCC Energy
- Case Study